The Kentucky Lung Cancer Research Program (KLCRP) is pleased to announce Cycle 12 of Investigator-Initiated funding.
For this Cycle, grants will be made for up to $75,000 per year (inclusive of 10% indirect costs) for up to two years (i.e., a total request of up to $150,000). Please note that only those investigators who have not received a KLCRP grant or who were last funded prior to November 2009 (i.e., prior to Cycle 9) are eligible to apply for this cycle.
Applications will be accepted for work on basic, translational or clinical studies of
- Experimental Therapeutics / Pre-Clinical or Clinical Studies
- Detection, Diagnosis, Prognosis
- Etiology, Epidemiology, Cancer Control & Prevention
- Molecular Biology and Regulation / Signaling
- Immunology, Immunotherapy and Pathology
- Invasion, Progression, Metastasis
- Radiation Biology
- Behavioral Oncology, Symptom and Palliative Care
- Complementary and Alternative Therapy
Funding will be focused on:
- innovative work that shows promise in the area of lung cancer (discuss the innovativeness of the work in the application).
- new researchers who demonstrate promise and who have a supportive environment for their work;
- established and productive researchers who propose to apply their expertise to basic lung cancer research or to higher level animal models; and
- enabling researchers with novel ideas to test them and develop pilot data for seeking larger awards from the National Institutes of Health or other funding sources.
If you plan to submit an application, please send a Letter of Intent as an email to Diane Konzen. The LOI should provide the name(s) of the PI(s), a brief description of the work you propose to submit and, from the list of research areas above, the area of study that most closely represents the work. Send the LOI no later than Friday, September 28, 2012, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Letter of Intent is not binding but will be used to plan the proposal review process.
Submit your full application as a pdf document no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, October 12, 2012 to email@example.com and the original hard copy of the entire, signed application to: Diane Konzen, 2nd floor Administration Offices, Brown Cancer Center; 529 South Jackson Street, Louisville, KY 40202; phone 561-7360.
Application forms and guidelines are attached.
Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Files to Download